Monday, November 18, 2013

Show Me

Psalm 139:24 - Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

David's thoughts here are so right on point.  He didn't want to keep on sinning.  He wanted his heart to be right before God and he knew that the only way that could happen, was if God showed him where he was falling short.  He knew he couldn't rely on his own understanding, because as a sinful human being by nature, it was a flawed point of view.  He trusted in the only perfect opinion and point of view that he knew existed - God's...

How often have I relied on my own understanding of sin in my life to try and fix my problems?  Far too much, that's for sure.  I might be able to see some of the things I am doing wrong, but I will never be able to see them all.  God will happily show me when I ask Him.  He doesn't want to correct me just for the sake of Him being right and me being wrong.  He wants to do it so that I will stay on the path of everlasting life.  He doesn't want me to stray from home.  I need to remember not to trust it when I look at myself.  I will always have blinders on blocking my whole view.  God's view is perfect and unadulterated.  He sees everything, and will gladly point out what is slowing me down or holding me up when I ask Him to.  But I have to ask Him to...

Dear Lord, where am I lacking?  What is slowing me down from living the abundant and blessed life You have for me?  I know that You will point out where I am and where I need to be when I ask You to.  Show me the path I need to be on for the everlasting life in Your Glorious Kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment