Friday, November 29, 2013

Don't Go For Broke

James 2:10 - For a person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws.

A sin is a sin is a sin.  All sins are equally bad.  We can't justify our sin by saying, "Well at least I didn't kill someone."  It doesn't work that way.  God hates the sin, not the sinner.  He hates all sin.  And we should never say, "Well I did this, I might as well go for broke and get it out of my system."  Never go for broke.  You're never going to get it out of your system.  Instead of going for broke, go for rich.

What do I mean by going for rich?  I certainly don't mean material wealth.  I mean aim for being rich in His love, His mercy, His grace, and His salvation.  That is the only thing that will ever save you.  How?  Confess your sins to God, repent and turn from your old way of doing things, so God can bless you abundantly.  That's what He wants more than anything - to bless you beyond your wildest dreams.  God will always love you - ALWAYS.  But if you aren't trying to become more like Christ who is rich in love, mercy, grace, and salvation, He won't bless you.  We should always be seeking these things.

Dear Lord, thank You for loving me despite my best efforts to make it difficult to do so.  I pray that I will keep my heart focused on Your love, mercy, grace, and salvation, so that when I do make mistakes (not if), I will know to confess and repent.  I want to always be seeking Your righteousness and showing others what true love really is.  I know I can do this by Your strength, and not my own.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment