Saturday, November 2, 2013

Washed Away

Titus 3:4-5 - But - "When God our Savior revealed His kindness and love, He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.  He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit."

Because of His mercy, He made us clean.  He made us new.  He washed away our sins and cleansed our souls with the blood of Jesus Christ.  There is nothing we could have done that would bring us to the Kingdom of God.  Only His sacrifice that He gave out of mercy and love did it.

I used to think years ago, that since I was (relatively) a good person, I was good to go.  I hadn't killed anyone, or done anything very bad.  I didn't think I had every really done anything wrong.  Oh how wrong I was.  Once I came to know and have a relationship with my Lord and Savior, I understood that it wasn't what I had or hadn't done that was going to save me.  It was only His sacrifice that saved me.  I had to understand and accept it in faith that He died for me.  His blood cleansed me.  He gave me a new life, because He loved me.  He showed me mercy, because He loved me.  I have been made clean, because He loved me.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for loving me.  Thank You for washing me clean, and cleansing my soul.  Thank You for giving me a new life in service to Your Glorious Kingdom.  I have been made whole because You filled the hole in my heart.  Thank You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment