Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Sin Problem - But A Great Solution

Psalm 78:40 - Oh, how often they rebelled against Him in the wilderness and grieved His heart in that dry wasteland.

Despite God's repeated rescue and protection of His chosen people, they continued to reject His ways and turn to sinful practices.  While they were periodically punished for this (and rightfully so), the important thing in this passage, was they were breaking God's heart.  It hurt Him to see His people rebel the way they did.

What I love best about this passage is in Verses 52 & 53, it tells us that despite this, God still led His people and kept them safe in the wilderness while He destroyed their enemies.  Now that's love.  God had great things for His people, and He wasn't going to let sin keep His people separated from His love.  He forgave them, redeemed them, and kept them safe.  He would have certainly been justified to let them go at their own peril, but He didn't because He loved them.

He still does that today.  He showed us the ultimate act of love when He sacrificed His Son on the cross for the sake of all of us.  When I think about things like this passage and then think about Jesus' sacrifice, it really warms my heart.  To think that He did that 2000 years ago for me.  I couldn't even say that I was a gleam in my father's eye at that point.  But I was a gleam in my Father's eye.  He did it thinking about me.  And you.  And all of us...

Dear Abba Father, thank You for giving us all so many second chances.  I pray that You will use me for Your glory, so that I can show everyone I encounter every day what it means to have a Father that loves them more than anything, and made the biggest sacrifice anyone could ever make, to demonstrate that love for them.  It is all for Your glory and Your kingdom.  In Jesus' powerful name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment