Sunday, November 3, 2013

No Means Yes

John 14:13-14 - You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father.  Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

Sometimes, we don't get what we pray for.  Often times, we misunderstand why this happens.  It isn't because Jesus doesn't love us, or He wants to be mean, or anything even remotely close to that.  His no usually means yes.  He says no for some things because He has better (see perfect) plans for us that promise us a great future and hope (Jeremiah 29:11), and He is working everything out for our good because we love Him (Romans 8:28).  But more importantly, because He loves us.  When Jesus prayed in the garden of Gethsemane, He showed us the right way to do it.  He asked for the cup of suffering to be taken away from Him, but right after that He said that He wanted God's will to be done.  That is what praying with a right heart looks like.  It isn't a bad thing to ask for something when we pray, as long as we are asking for it according to God's will.

I know there have been times (a ton) where I didn't get what I had been praying for.  After awhile, it started to get on my nerves a little.  I was trying to think what I had done to make God angry with me, but it had nothing to do with that.  It had everything to do with His perfect plan for me.  For His will for me.  I have to maintain my focus on God's will, not my want.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me to stay focused on Your perfect will and purpose for me.  Thank You for saying yes by saying no.  I know that You have a great plan for my future, and I know that it is all about Your love for me.  Thank You for loving me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment