Friday, November 22, 2013

His Approval

Galatians 1:10 - Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God.  If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant.

Paul had it right in this passage.  Never seek the approval of people.  People will let you down, but God never does.  We do things a certain way because we are seeking the favor of God.  He knows better than anyone could and when we seek to be His servant, He promises to reward us in His Heavenly Kingdom.

As someone who works in a secular job (as do most of us), am I seeking Christ's approval or the favor people?  Am I seeking to do things for His glory, or for the paycheck that I get every couple of weeks?  God knows my heart, and I pray that when He examines it, He will see that I am striving to be His servant, and not money's servant.  I can only serve one master, and I choose God.

Dear Lord, I pray for the strength and wisdom to continue to serve You in all that I do.  Please protect me from going down the dark path of servitude to false promises, and keep me on Your path of righteousness.  I know that I will never be perfect in this world, but with Your grace and mercy, I know You will pick me up when I stumble and fall.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment