Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks For Everything

1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

We are commanded by God's will to be thankful for everything.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  Be thankful for what you don't have, as well as for what you do.  The things we don't have are because they aren't part of God's perfect plan for us.  And that is what we should always be seeking.  We should never complain about things (easier said than done sometimes), because complaining turns our hearts away from worshiping our Lord and Savior.  Instead, we need to be thanking Him for everything.

Over the past month (almost), a lot of people have been doing a '30 days of thankful' thing on various social media networks.  I couldn't do that.  For starters, 30 days of thankfulness just doesn't sum it up for me.  I am thankful 365 days a year, and I know that if I tried to list one thing at a time for 30 days, someone or something would get missed.  My 365 days of thankfulness to the Lord is quite a long list, and the best way to sum it up in prayer to Him is to just say thanks for everything.  That is the only way I can think of to make sure that nothing gets left out.

Dear Father, thank You for EVERYTHING.  Thank You for Your unfailing love and grace that I have felt in my heart since I turned my life over to You.  Thirty days of one thing at a time just aren't enough for me.  You know my heart, and You know it belongs to You because of everything You have done (and not done) for me.  I am forever changed, and forever grateful because of Your abundant blessings in my life.  In Jesus' precious, powerful, and Holy name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment