Saturday, November 16, 2013

Never Alone

Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

God is always with us.  When we feel like we have been left alone to deal with whatever trial we are facing, we aren't.  The people we call our friends may disappear, but that doesn't mean we are left to figure things out by ourselves.  When things like that happen, they aren't excuses to give up on God.  They are opportunities to trust and rely on His promises even more.

He will never allow us to carry more than we can handle.  Jesus told us that the burden He gives us is light (Matthew 11:30).  It may not feel that way at times, but it's true.  Nothing we are going through can not be overcome by God.  But we have to seek Him.  We have to ask for Him to help us.  God doesn't show up where He isn't invited.  But when we invite Him, He is there in an instant.  He wraps us up in His arms like a loving parent.  He has promised to always be with us (Matthew 28:20), and He doesn't lie.  He doesn't tell us things we need to hear just to make us feel better.  He tells us things that are always true, and though we may struggle to see them that way at the time, when we take the time to reflect on them, they make us feel better, and they are always right.

I have always struggled with feelings of loneliness.  When these times come, it can be difficult for me to pick up my Bible.  But I have to do it.  The promises in these passages renew my strength.  There are days (like today), where I don't want to get out of bed and take care of things that I have to do.  These passages give me new life.  Just like God gave me new life when I accepted His Son as my Savior.  I could never give up on God.  He has always been there for me.  He doesn't want me to lay around.  He wants me to get up and get out.  He died so I can live...not so I can mope.

Dear Father, thank You for sending me these words when I needed to hear them.  You are always faithful, and You always know what I need to hear at the perfect time.  I pray that as I am out and about today, I can be a beacon for Your light to shine through for others to see.  Use me according to Your will and purpose.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment