Sunday, November 24, 2013

Obeying His Commands

Galatians 6:2 - Share each other's burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.

In the message my Pastor shared with us this week, he spoke of the reason's for being in community with each other.  Why we are supposed to be doing life together and not alone.  This passage he referred to here really stuck with me all weekend.

As much as I try to disconnect myself from other people, it's not the way God designed me.  Or anyone else for that matter.  In Genesis 2, God says that it isn't good for us to be alone.  He created us to need one another.

Proverbs tells us iron sharpens iron (27:17).  We are supposed to be there for each other.  Share each other's burdens.  Just because we may not have all experienced the exact same things in life, does not mean that we couldn't offer a different perspective to a problem.

I know my heart is in the right place with my relationship with God, but am I doing it right?  I don't think I really have been.  I should be seeking to obey all of His commands, not just the ones that I feel work for me. It is my responsibility to work them into my daily life, not make them work according to how I need them to.  It's all about His will for me, and He wants me to do life with others, not alone.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for this message this weekend.  It was something I really needed to hear to be reminded not to isolate myself so much from everyone.  Give me the heart to obey Your commands and seek Your will in all aspects of my life.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment