Thursday, November 7, 2013

Never Useless

Philippians 2:16 - Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

Nothing we do for God's Kingdom is ever useless.  Paul reminds us here that no matter what we have to endure in this life, it is all worth it.  We will be vindicated by Christ for doing His will.  In the song "This Life" by Mercy Me, he says, "Every moment is a chance to let Your light break through."  He goes on to say, "I'll live everyday just to make You known."  We should all be striving to shine for God in this world to those who don't know Him.  Jesus told us to go and share the Good (see great) News and make disciples.  This wasn't one of those 'when you get a chance' requests.  This was a command.  It will never be useless or in vain.

Am I shining for God?  I am I letting His light break through me to others around me that don't know Him, or have maybe given up on Him?

Dear Lord, please use me to shine for You.  I want nothing more than to have Your light shining through me to others.  I want more brothers and sister's in Your Heavenly Kingdom.  Give me the right heart and words to share Your Good News to everyone that needs to hear it.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment