Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Be A Blessing, Not A Burden

Psalm 69:6 - Don't let those who trust in You be ashamed because of me, O Sovereign Lord of Heaven's Armies.  Don't let me cause them to be humiliated, O God of Israel.

David's heart for his fellow man is a great example we should all be striving to emulate.  David knew his shortcomings.  He knew he didn't measure up to God's standards.  He knew he was an unworthy sinner like the rest of us.  He also didn't want anyone to fall away from their faith and trust in God because of the bad choices he made, and the example he set.  He was more concerned with their salvation than his own.  What a heart...

Is my heart like this?  Am I more concerned with the well-being of other souls more than my own?  I think I could use some improvement in this area.  I know I can love more.  I should want to be a blessing to others, not a burden.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder that I need to be seeking Your favor by loving Your people more.  I pray that You will use me to be a blessing to others, and that I will not cause anyone to stumble and backslide.  Use me to be a good example of Your love to those I encounter on a daily basis.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment