Monday, November 11, 2013

Perfect Timing

Esther 4:14 - If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die.  Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?

Mordecai's message to Queen Esther went straight to her heart.  She was worried that if she got involved by going to the King without an invitation, it would cost her life.  Mordecai reminded her that she was in the place she was, because that's where God wanted her to be.  If she didn't do anything, she was sure to die, and the Jews would be rescued by someone else.  But if she worked on behalf of her people, God's people, God would take care of her.  Mordecai knew that they would be rescued one way or the other because God had already said they would.  He reminded Esther that God orchestrated her being in the place she was in to be used for His greater purpose.

I love reading the story of Esther.  It really is a great one of God orchestrating things to rescue His chosen people.  People may wonder why would He bother?  Because of His love for them.  He took what others had meant for evil and made it work for the good of those whom He loved and had chosen for His Kingdom (see Joseph).

God does that for us too.  I often times find myself thinking about where I am in my life, and ask myself if this where I am really supposed to be.  I am sure a lot of us do this.  We wonder if this is it.  Is this all God has for us.  No...He doesn't.  He has great and mighty things for us (Jeremiah 33).  He has put us EXACTLY where He wants us so that we can work for His people and His Kingdom.  That is what we have all been called to do.

I supervise a warehouse that ships out textbooks and curriculum to schools. How could I possibly be serving God's purpose there?  Well, in a lot of ways.  I am contributing to the education of kids that need it, and otherwise wouldn't get it from other places.  I work with people that could always benefit from hearing about and seeing God's love.  My schedule affords me the opportunity to further my education.  I look at this as God preparing me for bigger and better responsibilities based on the gifts and talents He has given me.  And I am happy to accept these responsibilities, because I trust that He has put me in the position I am in, and is orchestrating me into other positions in the future, to benefit His chosen people and His Kingdom.  No place I'd rather be...

Dear Abba Father, thank You for Your amazing blessings.  I know there is nothing I could ever do to deserve what You have done for me.  It is all by Your grace and mercy, and I am forever grateful for everything You have done for me, and are doing for me.  I pray that I will be a blessing to others, and beacon of Your light to shine on everyone I encounter.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment