Friday, November 15, 2013

Move Closer

2 Corinthians 4:8 - We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed.  We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.

We all face issues in our everyday lives.  Some worse than others, but almost all of them result in the same question.  Why?  Why is this happening to me?  Why can't I catch a break?  This chapter of 2 Corinthians explains it well in verses 10,11,12,14, and 15.  It is all for the glory of God.  These issues should help us move closer to God.  To trust in Him more.  He has promised to heal us.  He will raise us from the dead so that we can have eternal life with Him.  Jesus Himself said we would face trials and tribulations, but that we are not to worry, because He has overcome them all.

Some people say it isn't fair that we should "suffer" all the time.  Was it "fair" that Jesus suffered and died a brutal death?  What's more, was it "fair" that He did it for us?  He did it so that we would have the opportunity to claim our place in Heaven with Him.  We deserved no such thing, but all because of His love and grace, He went through that so that we could be made right by Him when we believe in Him and accept His FREE gift into our hearts.  I think that deserves a little bit of glory.  Actually, I think it deserves A LOT of glory...all that we can give.  He gave it all for us...

Am I using the opportunity to praise Him and give God the glory when I have problems come up?  I have to look at them as opportunities to reinforce my faith, not abandon it.  I have to trust Him more, not less, when I am given the opportunity to do so.

Dear Lord, thank You for the AMAZING second chance You have given me and all of us.  We could never deserve it, but You endured so much because You loved us.  I pray that I will take every chance I get to give you the glory and honor You deserve.  I know I will never be perfect, and I will fall from time to time, but I trust that You will always be there to catch me and put me back on my feet and on the right (Your) path.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment