Saturday, November 9, 2013

No More

Colossians 3:7 - You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world.

Life was so different before Christ was at the center of it.  Like any change, especially big ones, their is a difficult period of adjustment.  There were, and in some cases still are, parts of my old way of thinking and doing things that have been difficult to change.  I struggle with telling myself 'No More'.  I have gotten better about praying myself through things.  I know that the power and strength of Christ will get me through difficult times.  But I have to let Him.  I have to remember that I didn't just accept Christ into my heart, I accepted Him into my life as well.  I asked Him to be at the center of everything for me.  I need to make sure I am acting like it.  I have to live how He wants me to live, not how I want it to go.  God will always love me, but if I'm not doing things His way, He won't bless me.  I want those blessings.  I SHOULD want those blessings.

If you're struggling with your life in Christ, know that you are not alone.  We all have struggles.  Not everyone's struggles are the same, but they are all still there.  Know that you have brothers and sisters in Christ that want to be there for you and pray for you and love you.  Don't be afraid to reach out for help.  Don't hesitate to talk to God about it.  That's what He wants you to do.  He doesn't want you to try and handle things the way you used to.  As this passage says clearly, "You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world."  It's not part of this world anymore.  Your life is part of the Body of Christ.  Tell yourself no more.  Tell Satan that you're going to ask God to get you through it, because that's what He does best.

Dear Lord, thank You for this.  I had no idea what You were going to show me in Your Word today, and I am so blessed by Your guiding hand.  I love when I am stuck and I ask You to show me.  You have shown me such great things, and given me more to say than I thought I could.  These are Your words, not mine, and I am blessed to have You share them through me.  Thank You so much for Your blessings.  In Jesus' precious, Holy, and powerful name I thank You.  Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment