Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Future

Psalm 78:4 - We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about His power and His mighty wonders.

It is important for us to teach our kids properly.  It is our duty to teach them with biblical truths so that they will come to know the truth about God as we have come to know it.

I don't have kids of my own, but that doesn't mean I have any less responsibility when it comes to teach kids God's truth.  I am around kids all the time, and they are like sponges soaking up everything around them.  I have a responsibility to model Christlike behavior to them.  And I can't fake it either, because kids can usually see through phoniness pretty good.  I am blessed to serve with the next generation ministry at my church, and I hope and pray that my behavior is seen as an example of God's love for everyone.  I pray that my heart is right and my behavior matches the words coming out of my mouth.  I know that I am being given a great opportunity by God every time I walk out the door, and I need to act like it.

Dear Lord, thank You for the opportunities You have given me to have an influence on the future of Your Kingdom.  Please continue to work on my heart so that it is in the right place for service to Your children.  Give me the wisdom and the words to model Your love for all those I encounter.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment