Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Joyful Helper

Psalm 94:17-18 - Unless the Lord had helped me, I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.  I cried out, "I am slipping!" but Your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.

God loves to help us.  I love how this passage says that God's unfailing love supports us.  God is the best example of a joyful giver.  When we slip or backslide in our faith, it hurts God.  But when we come to Him, He gets joy out of helping us back to our feet.  He does it with a great big smile on His face.  It reminds me of the story of Job.

At the end of Job's story, it says that God restored to Job twice as much as he had before.  He was never angry with Job, and He never tested him either.  He allowed Satan to test him so that God could show Satan what real faith was like.  God knew that Job had the right heart for Him, and He blessed him for it.  The Lord loves to give us abundant blessings when our hearts are rightly aimed at Him.

God's abundant blessings are His way of helping us.  And He does it out of His unfailing love for us.  He picks us up off the scrap heap.  He rescues us from the silence of the grave.  And He does it with a big smile on His face.  The smile of a joyful helper.

Is my heart aimed correctly at God?  I desire His blessings in my life and He has shown Himself faithful to me with His unfailing love.  I need to make sure that every part of me is turned towards Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder of Your love and support.  I cannot do this on my own, and I am beyond blessed to know that You are there for me every step of the way.  Please help me to keep my heart focused on You every minute of every day, so that all I do will honor You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment