Thursday, November 14, 2013

Always There

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

This is a great promise that God doesn't change.  He is always there for us.  He always loves us and wants to protect and care for us.  Always has been, always is, and always will be.  He is indeed our rock and our place of refuge.

There are some people that wonder why He doesn't change to suit the times we live in, that life is different and more complicated than it was when the Bible was written.  But that's not entirely true.  God doesn't need to change for us - He's perfect.  We need to change for Him - we are the ones with the sin problem.  We are the ones who have made things more complicated, but the bottom line is still the same - sin.  God is faithful to forgive us when we confess our sins to Him, repent, and accept Him into our lives.  He always has, always does, and always will.

Am I making things more complicated for my life, or am I trusting in the One who makes things simple for me?  I know I DEFINITELY have a tendency to over-think things, but God doesn't want me to do that.  He doesn't need me to do the thinking for Him.  He already has everything planned out for me, He just wants me to trust in His plans for me, and give Him the glory when I succeed - and I will succeed when I am living according to His purpose.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that You are always there for me yesterday, today, and forever.  I pray for Your continued guidance and blessings in my life so that I will go according to Your will and purpose for me.  Thank You for Your love and grace.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment