Saturday, November 23, 2013

Doing It Right

2 Chronicles 1:12 - I will certainly give you the wisdom and knowledge you requested.  But I will also give you wealth, riches, and fame such as no other king has had before you or will ever have in the future.

Solomon was doing it right.  He didn't ask for material pleasures and desires.  He asked for wisdom so that he could properly care for God's people.  This made God happy, and He blessed Solomon abundantly more than he could have ever hoped for.  That's what God promises to do for all of us.

When we seek God's will for our lives, and His wisdom and discernment to guide us, He will bless us abundantly.  The spiritual gifts that we are all given are to be used to help each other (1 Corinthians 12).  When we use them how they were intended, it makes God happy, and He will bless us.

Am I seeking His will regularly, or just when I need it?  Do I make it a point to ask for His wisdom and knowledge to guide me, or do I just wing it on my own from time to time.  I have to make it a point to do it according to His plan, and not my guesswork.  He knows far more than I ever could figure out on my own in 10 lifetimes.  I have to make sure I am seeking Him and His glory so that I can receive His blessings.

Dear Lord, thank You for the reminder to be seeking You for everything I do, and not just most of it.  I want to do it right according to Your will and purpose, and I want to use my spiritual gifts to bless others.  Please guide me wherever You need me.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment