Tuesday, November 26, 2013

All By His Power

2 Corinthians 10:4 - We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.

In this letter to the Corinthians, Paul points out that there is nothing that man can do or physically possess that will win victories for God.  It is all about God's mightiest weapon - His Word.  That is what wins souls for Christ.  His Word, when shared, will penetrate people's hearts and lead them to accept Christ as their Savior and repent of their sins.  The Word of God opens the door to His Kingdom.

Although I was saved over 15 years ago, I didn't really have any kind of relationship with Jesus Christ until about 4 years ago.  For reasons unknown to me (at the time), I started getting this urge (for lack of a better term) to open up my Bible and start reading.  The Book of Isaiah was what I read first.  That book is filled with so much great stuff.  Even after spending a couple of years being in and out of the Bible, it wasn't until I finally found a great church, and heard the Word of God taught in a way that it finally made sense.  Hearing and understanding God's Word has opened the doors to His Kingdom for me, and I am forever changed by it.  I can't imagine going a day without reading and studying His Word.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your Word.  Thank You for Your Promises.  I have been so blessed over the last few years to really come to know You better, and understand all the great things You have planned for me and my life.  Please use me to share Your Word with others who don't know it, so that they will come to see Your love for them as I have.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment