Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Never - Period

1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Never stop praying.

Prayer is our essential communication with God.  Just as in any relationship, communication is the key to success.  Divorce may have various causes, but the central theme in divorce is a breakdown in communication.  People believe they are not happy in their marriage, so they find other ways, things, or people to make them happy.  However, if they would communicate more with their spouse, they would vastly improve their odds of fixing the problem.  The same can be said of our relationship with God.  We are the bride of Christ, and He loves to communicate with His spouse.  He loves to hear from us.  And prayer is how we talk to Him.  Never stop praying.  Never.

Having been divorced twice, I can say that I believe that communication is absolutely crucial to the success of a marriage.  Having been saved and then spending 11 years not walking with Christ, I can say that I believe that prayer is absolutely crucial to developing a healthy relationship with our Lord and Savior.  Even though I was saved, I spent all those years not talking to God, and not studying His Word.  The last four years have been a whirlwind of blessings.  Even though I was saved, I have now been truly found, because I took the time to communicate with my Heavenly Father.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for listening.  Thank You for never giving up on me even though I totally deserved it.  Thank You for always being there when I reached out to speak to You and get to know You.  I was lost, but now I am found because of Your unfailing love and devotion to me.  All praise, honor, and glory to You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment