Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Praise & Honor

Ezra 7:28 - And praise Him for demonstrating such unfailing love to me by honoring me before the king, his council, and all his mighty nobles!  I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the Lord my God was on me.  And I gathered some of the leaders of Israel to return with me to Jerusalem.

Ezra knew that everything that he was being given by the king was God's will and that God was blessing him because of his faithfulness.

Do I thank God for all that I am, and all that I have?  I know that everything that I am given and everything that happens, good or bad in my eyes, is God's will.  I have to remember that God is not punishing me for my sin by sending bad things to happen to me.  He is using the bad things to teach me, build me up, and to make me stronger through His grace.  I must be sure to give Him the honor and praise He deserves.

Dear Lord my God, thank You so much for teaching me that all things come from You.  Please help me to understand what You are teaching me, so that I may be stronger for the great work You have set ahead of me.  All that I am and all that I have I owe to You and Your unending grace and love.  Help me to keep that in mind so that I appreciate it even more.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment