Saturday, May 4, 2013

Turn & Live

Ezekiel 18:23 - "Do you think that I like to see wicked people die?  says the Sovereign Lord.  Of course not!  I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live!"

A common misconception of God in the Old Testament is that He is vengeful and mean-spirited and that He only wants to punish us for our transgressions.  NOTHING could be further from the truth as shown in this passage.  If God really wanted us to be gone, all He would have to do is snap his fingers (figuratively speaking) and it would be done.  His plan for us has always been about our redemption.

Have I accepted God's redemption for me?  Yes I have.  Do I show that in my life every day?  I hope I do.  I pray every day for God's guidance and wisdom so that all I do will bring Him the honor and glory that He deserves.

Dear Abba Father, I cannot say thank You enough for redeeming me when You didn't have to.  Thank You for setting me free from my bondage to sin through the death of Your Son Jesus Christ.  He died so that I may live, and I will forever be grateful for that.  I ask that You use me in whatever way Your name will be glorified.  In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment