Thursday, May 16, 2013

One Way

Acts 15:11 - "We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus."

Peter was making a point here that anyone coming to Jesus as their Lord and Savior cannot do anything to be saved.  Only through the mercy and grace of God are we saved.

One thing (among many) that I have learned in my relationship with Jesus, is that no deeds can save me.  Only my faith in His love and grace.  There are no works that can substitute for this.  However, if I am truly walking with the Lord, His love and grace will transform my heart to do great things in His name and for His glory.  This is not doing works to be saved, it is doing good deeds to demonstrate what His love and power are capable of doing for even the most stubborn (me).

Dear Lord, thank You so much for my salvation through Your undeserving grace and love.  Please continue to work in my heart so that I can show people what it looks like to love like You love.  I am so thankful and blessed to serve You and Your Glorious Kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment