Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Free Will

Acts 13:40 - Then Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and declared, "It was necessary that we first preach the word of God to you Jews.  But since you have rejected it and judged yourselves unworthy, we will offer it to the Gentiles."

The Jews here exercised their free will to reject the truth of the word of God.  By doing this, they condemned themselves to a life of darkness.  God will not violate free will.  If we disobey and go against His will for our life, we are making it worse for ourselves.  He will not force us, we have to choose Him.

In my old life, I chose my paths (or so I thought) according to what I wanted and what pleased me and made me feel good.  God didn't force me to accept Him, He let me choose Him for myself.  And what a choice it was!  I used free will to live apart from Him, and I now use free will to live with Him.  I have made the right choice.

Dear Lord, thank for the gift of free will.  It was through this gift that I found You and chose You for my life.  Thank You for your loving mercy and grace and acceptance of me even when I was condemning myself by ignoring Your truth.  In Jesus' Holy Name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment