Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Confident Faith

Genesis 22:5 - "Stay here with the donkey," Abraham told his servants.  "The boy and I will travel a little farther.  We will worship there, and then we will come right back."

Abraham knew that God would provide one way or another.  He was confident that even if he had to sacrifice Isaac, God would raise him from the dead.  God had promised to create the nation of Israel through Isaac.  He confident faith in God is shown when he said, 'WE will worship, and WE will return'.

This is the kind of faith I strive for.  It's not that I'm not confident in God keeping His promises, but I can always get better.  I don't have kids, but if I did I don't know if I'd be willing or able to sacrifice one of them for God.  If I had been in Abraham's shoes, I'm not sure I wouldn't have asked, 'Are You sure, God'?  Abraham didn't ask, he just did.  THAT'S confident faith.

Dear Lord, thank You for the reminder that I need to stay strong and confident in my faith to You and Your promises.  I know my faith is strong, but it can always be stronger, and I am so grateful of Your reminders.  Please continue to shine Your light on my path.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment