Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Misunderstood

Job 18:5 - "Surely the light of the wicked will be snuffed out.  The sparks of their fire will not glow."

Job's friend who was initially trying to console him over the losses he had suffered, started to berate him because he misunderstood Job.  He took Job's words as a wicked person's rejection of God.  But they were not.  Job had been despondent because even though he had done nothing wrong, he believed God had abandoned him.  He didn't understand why God would have abandoned him, and since he had no way to plead his case to God directly, he didn't want to live.  Job wasn't cursing God, he just didn't want to live without the favor of God in his life.

I have always wondered how I made it so far in life without God being a part of it.  But He was always there, and I just didn't realize it.  God used Job's trials to demonstrate to others (including Satan) Job's strength and love for God despite his trials and tribulations.  God used my trials to build and strengthen my faith, so that He can use me for great things.  How blessed am I?!

Dear Lord, thank You so much for shaping me into the person I am today.  I know that I can accomplish anything as long as I am surrendered to You.  I know Your plan for my life is perfect, and I will trust Your will for me implicitly.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment