Friday, May 10, 2013

Rejoice

Acts 5:41 - The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus.

The apostles were whipped for teaching the Gospel to the people.  Jesus warned them that they would face heavy persecution for their teaching, so they knew they had to be doing something right.

Have I ever suffered persecution for my faith.  Not in the physical sense.  I have had a couple of friends leave my life, but I've never been physically attacked.  But it still hurts, because that means that is one less person I can share the Gospel with.  All I can do is pray that someone gets to share it with them, or that God will put them back in my life for me to share with them.  If it means that one person was saved and came to know Jesus, I would gladly endure anything for the Kingdom of God.  At least I would know that I was doing something right.

Dear Lord, I pray that You will use me according to Your will to spread the news of Your hope and salvation for us all.  This is too good of a message not to be shared, and I will gladly endure anything You desire for me to do this for Your Glorious Kingdom.  In Jesus' precious and holy name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment