Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Teachable Moment

Mark 5:34 - And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well.  Go in peace.  Your suffering is over."

Jesus could have easily kept walking after the woman touched His robe.  With the crowd that was around, she probably wasn't the only one who touched Him.  But Jesus used the opportunity to show everyone what their faith can do for them.  That their trust shouldn't be in flesh and bones, but in the things they could not see.  Jesus always knew that He wouldn't always be with them, and he used this teachable moment to let them know that HER FAITH healed her, and not the robe, or the combination of them.  It is by FAITH we are healed, and it is by FAITH we saved.

Passages like this really strengthen my faith and trust in God.  I know that I can accomplish anything through Christ's strength, and I am confident that He will not allow me to fail Him, because of His unending love for me.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for this today.  You always know what I need to hear and when I need to hear it.  I don't know how it is You do that thing You do, but I don't need to know, because I DO know that You will make it all work together for my good and the good of those that love and trust You.  In Jesus' precious and holy name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment