Monday, May 13, 2013

An Unlikely Tool

Acts 9:15 - But the Lord said, "Go, for Saul is my chosen instrument to take My message to the Gentiles and to kings as well as the people of Israel."

In this whole section of Acts (several chapters), it is another demonstration of God's love for all.  And a demonstration that God can use anyone, no matter how unlikely, for His work.  Throughout the Bible, God chose so many unlikely people for His work, but I don't think one was as unlikely as Saul of Tarsus.

Passages like this renew my encouragement.  If God can use someone like Paul to be His biggest booster, I know He has great plans for me as well.  I can only hope and pray that I am up to the challenge of the work ahead of me, but I trust that God will make me ready when He decides it is time to use me to work for His Kingdom.

Dear Lord,  I pray that You will give me the strength that I need to do Your work here in this life.  I know I can only get this strength from You, and I am committed to whatever tasks You have planned for me, and hope that I am able to give You the honor and glory that You deserve.  Show me Your will for me Lord, so that I may serve You and Your people.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment