Friday, May 3, 2013

Honest Prayer

Luke 22:42-43 - "Father, if You are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me.  Yet I want Your will to be done, not mine."  Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened Him.

In addition to being fully God, Jesus was also fully human.  He had fears just like us, but He is perfect, and did not let those fears control Him.  His prayer here is so honest, asking if it was possible to pass the cup of suffering away from Him.  He knew the pain He was about to endure, and his human side was afraid.  But his honesty and trust in God's greater plan rewarded Him when God sent an angel down from Heaven to strengthen Him.

God knows our hearts, and He knows what we are going to ask for before we do it.  If we are honest with our prayers and confessions to Him, God will happily strengthen us to persevere through the challenges we will face.  I love that promise.  I will work harder to make sure that I am being completely honest with God.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for showing me Jesus' humanity.  Please do a work in my heart so that I may be completely honest and forthright with You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment