Thursday, May 30, 2013

Comfort

Mark 16:7 - "Now go and tell his disciples, including Peter, that Jesus is going ahead of you to Galilee.  You will see Him there, just as He told you before He died."

The angel made it a point to mention Peter by name here.  Peter, no doubt, was feeling terrible (to say the least) for his denial of Jesus, even though he knew Jesus was the promised Messiah, the Son of God.  This is a great illustration of God's unconditional love for us.  Even though Peter would make mistakes and say the wrong things sometimes, God knew his heart, and loved him because He knew that Peter's heart was true.

I love this illustration.  It gives me a good reality check to examine my own heart.  I already know that God examines it.  It also gives me hope and reinforces the promise that I already trust in, that God's love knows no end.  Things like this help me sleep better at night.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your unconditional and unwavering love for me.  I know I say and do stupid things sometimes - probably more than I would care to admit - but I trust in Your promise of salvation and redemption, and that gives me eternal hope.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment