Tuesday, May 21, 2013

All Are Welcome

Numbers 9:14 - And if foreigners living among you want to celebrate the Passover to the Lord, they must follow these same decrees and regulations.  The same laws apply to both native-born Israelites and to the foreigners living among you.

God wants all of us.  His amazing gifts of love, grace, mercy, and salvation are free and available to everyone, not just a select few.  We are ALL His chosen people regardless of WHERE we were born, or HOW we USED to worship, or WHO we USED to worship.

I used to have this crazy notion, a very long time ago, that since I wasn't born into a Christian home, that I couldn't be a Christian.  I know, crazy.  Then as I got older and my behavior got out of control with drugs, among other things, I figured God wouldn't want me.  I was definitely a foreigner to faith, but God showed me His gracious love and that ALL ARE WELCOME.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for loving me when I did everything I could to make myself unlovable.  I have been so blessed by Your love, and grace, and mercy, that I still struggle to figure out how I made it so long without You in my life.  However, I will stop trying to figure out why, and just trust You completely that You will always have my best interests at heart, and that You will make all things work together for my good.  In Jesus' precious and Holy name I pray, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment