Monday, December 30, 2013

Wear It On Your Sleeve

Matthew 10:33 - "But everyone who denies Me here on earth, I will also deny before My Father in Heaven."

Ever know anyone who seems to be living two lives?  Their church life, and their other life?  When they get confronted with it, often their response is, "I go to Church.  I read the Bible.  I'm a good person."  If the people outside of our Church can't tell that we're Christians, then chances are that we're not.

I come across people on various social media sites like Twitter, who are great about sharing God's Word and encouraging others in their faith.  Then they make mention that they have a second Twitter account for other people in their lives.  My question is why?  If the Gospel is offending someone, I believe that is because the Holy Spirit is moving in their hearts and convicting them of their sin, and they don't know how to respond to it.

I knew a Pastor who was hesitant to share too many faith based messages on his Facebook because he was worried about alienating his non-Christian friends.  Really?!  Paul tells us that we are not to be ashamed of the Gospel because it is the power of God (Romans 1:16).  If we are hesitating to share the Word and witness with everyone in our lives, then we aren't doing our job.

How about me?  Am I living two lives, or do I wear my faith on my sleeve?  I know that I am far from perfect, but I will never deny my faith to anyone because I am worried that it might offend them.  If hearing God's Word and His Message offends them, that means it's working.  I know I have a tendency to let my temper get the better of me, my language could definitely use some improvement, and I can be selfish at times, but I could never deny the power of God.

Dear Lord, I pray for Your power and strength to be a strong witness of the Good News that You have given us all.  It is not a message that is meant to be kept secret, but shared with everyone.  Please use me in whatever way I can be useful, to be a faithful witness for the glory of Your Kingdom.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment