Monday, December 9, 2013

The Right Helper

Isaiah 31:1 - What sorrow awaits those who look to Egypt for help, trusting their horses, chariots, and charioteers and depending on the strength of human armies instead of looking to the Lord, the Holy One of Israel.

Through the prophet Isaiah, God is reminding us not to trust in the limitations of human help with our problems.  We are to seek His counsel which has no limitations.  God's wisdom will never let us down or lead us astray.  He won't tell us what we want to hear for the sake of saving our feelings, but He will always tell us what we need to hear to keep us safe and on the right path.

One thing I have learned is that people can be, and often are, very self-serving.  People don't have the best intentions of others when they give advice and counsel.  God has never let me down when I seek His counsel in prayer.  I need to be mindful that I am always seeking Him first and trusting His plan for me.  Solomon reminded us in Proverbs 3 not to rely on our own understanding, and to seek God for all we need.  God will never let us down.  He will show us the path we NEED to take, not necessarily the path we WANT to take, and His way is always right.

Dear Lord, thank You for always being reliable and trustworthy.  Thank You for showing me what I need, and not giving me something just because I want it.  I pray that I will continue to seek Your counsel for everything so that I will remain on the right path You have for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment