Monday, December 16, 2013

Faithful Love

Lamentations 3:22 - The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.

Jeremiah was sad and in deep distress.  The prophecies he had spoken were coming true, and he was upset because Israel didn't do what was needed in order to avoid their calamity.  But Jeremiah's faith and trust in God didn't wane.  He continued to trust Him for Israel's deliverance from captivity.  He trusted that God would bring His people out of exile because of His faithful love and mercy.

It is easy to give up on God when things don't go our way.  When we hit the first sign of trouble or resistance to our plans, we start to question if God is really looking out for us, and we even doubt His love for us.  God's love knows no end.  He will always love us.  I heard a Pastor say once, that God will always love us, but if we aren't being obedient to Him, He won't bless us.  When things are not going the way we think they should, we need to take our troubles to Him in obedience and trust His love for us.

Am I trusting in God to deliver me from my problems?  I need to make sure I remember that just because things aren't going exactly how I expect them to, they are going exactly how God wants them to.  He loved me so much that He sacrificed His only Son so that I could spend eternity with Him.  That's faithful love.  He'll never let me down.

Father, thank You for the greatest display of faithful love the world has ever known.  I pray for the strength and wisdom to remain obedient to You, and trust in Your great plan for me.  I know You will always do what is best for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment