Monday, December 23, 2013

Strong Faith

Daniel 1:19 - The king talked with them, and no one impressed him as much as Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah.  So they entered the royal service.

Only teenagers at the time of their capture and exile, Daniel and his companions had stronger faith than anyone else.  They refused to compromise any aspect of their faith and were not afraid of any punishment that could be given by man.  They allowed God to work through them to show His power and bring others, like Nebuchadnezzar, to believe in Him.

I always love reading the story of Daniel.  It is by far my favorite story in the Bible.  To have such strong and uncompromising faith is such a blessing to see and read about.  How's my faith?  Am I as uncompromising as Daniel and his friends?  Would I stand up to whomever I had to in order to show them that I trust what God has for me and that I trust that what they mean for evil, God will use for good?

It's easy to sit here as I write this and say yes I do, but unless and until that situation presents itself, I have no way of knowing how I would react, only God does.  All I can do is pray for God to give me the strength to stay strong in the face of adversity and to never lose heart.  Jesus told us that with the faith of a mustard seed, we can move mountains.  All it takes is for us to have a little faith in God, and He can build on that and makes us strong enough to resist anything.

Dear Lord, thank You for building my faith day by day.  I am in awe of all the beautiful and amazing things You show me every day, and I pray that You will continue to build my faith stronger so that I can resist any temptations that are set before me.  I know that I am not perfect, and You do not expect me to be, but I trust in Your love and grace to comfort and rescue me when I fall short.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment