Thursday, December 19, 2013

Heavy Lifting

Matthew 11:28 - Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Whenever I hear someone mistakenly characterize God as being unforgiving or hot-tempered, I like to refer them to this passage.  I have yet to meet or hear of anyone who is unforgiving, mean-spirited, or hot-tempered that promises to ease someone's burdens.  Only those who are all about love want to do that.

That's what God wants to do for us.  He wants us to rest and trust in Him when our burdens are heavy.  He is always happy to help us, but we have to ask for it.  He won't come where He isn't invited.  But once we invite Him, our lives will be forever changed for the better.  He will do the heavy lifting for us when we ask Him to.  It's easy for us to think, "I got this."  But do we?  If we're going to sit and complain about how heavy something may be weighing on our shoulders, then we don't have this.  We need to turn it over to God.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that I don't have all the answers, and I need to remember to turn everything over to You.  You are the Wonderful Counselor and Mighty God that will do the heavy lifting for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment