Friday, December 13, 2013

Infinitely More

Ephesians 3:20 - Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

There is nothing we can ask or hope for that is too big for God to handle.  God is certainly bigger than any problem we may have, and He is able to help us overcome anything when we ask with our heart in the right place.  As long as it's His will for us, He will handle it.  And His will is what we should always be seeking.  God knows our heart, so we aren't going to be able to pull a fast one on Him.  We will never be able to hide selfishness from Him.

I love thinking of that idea of infinitely more.  I remember a movie I saw one time.  I can't remember what the movie was, and it was some time ago when I saw it, but there was one particular exchange of dialogue between two of the character's that has always stuck with me.  The man was asking the woman why she wasn't pursuing her dreams, and she responded that it was just a dream.  She said she never believed that it was something she could have, just something she wanted.  He responded to her and said, "You don't dream right."

That's how it is with God.  We should never be afraid of asking Him for something.  We should never feel that it's something that He can't or won't handle for us.  When we seek Him in prayer with a right heart, and ask for His will to be done, He loves that.  You don't know if you don't ask.  He is able and willing to do infinitely more than we could ever hope for, and He loves to be asked.

Dear God, please keep my heart right and focused on Your will for my life.  I know I tend to get frustrated and come to you in a selfish way, and I am sorry for that.  I am prepared to face any problem I may have because I know I have You on my side, and You are bigger than any problem.  You can accomplish infinitely more, and I am blessed because of You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment