Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Plan A

Jeremiah 2:13 - For My people have done two evil things: They have abandoned Me - the fountain of living water.  And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all.

God is telling us here that the people of Israel have gone with their backup plan.  They were failing to trust the flow of God's unending grace and love, so they were throwing together idolatry in things that were satisfying them temporarily.  They were afraid that God's well would run dry, which would never happens as long as we stay strong in our faith and honest in our repentance.

Often times, we find ourselves drifting away from God.  God never drifts away from us, because He is constant.  When we make mistakes, sometimes we feel as though they are too much for God to forgive, so out of shame we believe we can't go back to Him.  We come up with our Plan B's (and C's and D's) to try and satisfy our guilt.  These don't work.  Our Plan A - God - is all we ever need.  He will never abandon us.  And when we slip down the slope of sin, He will always welcome us back with open and loving arms when we repent and confess our sins to Him.

Am I trusting in Plan A and not even giving consideration to any other options?  I am.  I know I will make mistakes, but I have faith that nothing is too great for my Abba Father to forgive.  He is bigger than my problems.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that You are bigger than my problems.  I ask for the strength and wisdom to remember that You will always be there for me, and when I make mistakes I can always come to You.  Thank You for always being there.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment