Thursday, December 12, 2013

Be Quiet and Listen

Proverbs 2:2 - Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.

What do you mean I don't have have all the answers?!

A hard lesson of life that we all have to learn at some point, is that we don't have all the answers.  That was always a tough one for me to wrap my head around.  I'm a smart person, but I don't know everything (wait...did I just say that out loud?!).  When I was coming to terms with that and asked myself this question, I finally realized, "No you don't have all the answers Wayne.  That's why you're a Warehouse Supervisor and He's God.  So be quiet and list to His instructions."

How about now?  Do I listen?  You bet I do.  I took a Life Coaching course this past Spring that taught some good methods of effective listening.  One of the traps we tend to fall into is forming a question or comment while the person is still talking.  This causes us to tune out part of what they're saying and then we could wind up missing crucial information.  I will sometimes catch myself doing this during my Quiet Time with God.

Although I've read the bible 3 or 4 times, I still enjoy every word I read every day.  For me, the book is still a page-turner, and I find myself excited to find out what happens next.  When I catch myself trying to get ahead of the story, I can hear God whispering to me, "Relax, there's something I wanted to show you on this page before you get to the next one."  I learn something new every day in His Word.  Even though I've read it before, doesn't mean I took it all in completely the first time (or the second, third...).  God's whisper during those times is His way of telling me to be quiet and listen.  He wants us to know Him better, and He uses the Bible more than anything else to show us.

Dear Lord, thank You for those gentle reminders to be quiet and still, and listen to what You're telling me through Your Word.  I am so blessed to be able to spend time with You every day, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Thank You for Your amazing blessings and unfailing love.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment