Saturday, December 28, 2013

Action Not Words

James 2:20 - How foolish!  Can't you see that faith without good deeds is useless?

I read in a devotional recently a great definition of faith.  It said that faith is a verb.  What's a verb?  An action.

If you've never read the book Love Does by Bob Goff, or heard him speak, he says that our faith should entail loving God, loving others, and doing stuff (paraphrasing).

Our faith in God should be expressed not just in our prayer and quiet time with Him (both actions), but also in how we serve and love others (actions).

God has always loved us, and always will.  He has always had faith that we would seek Him for our redemption.  In order to help us with that, He did something.  He sent His Son into the world to show us the path to that redemption.  He loved us, so He did something about it.  He had faith in us, so He did something about it.

I have had the privilege to serve in a couple of ministries at my Church.  One for over a year now, and the other for about the last 6 months.  Both are run by two very amazing men of God.  These two Pastors show their love for God and others in such great ways.  I was speaking to one of them recently, and said something about working in ministry.  He said something that really resonated with me.  He said, "It's all ministry."  How true...We're all serving in God's ministry.  We're all called to love and do for others.  When we are doing that, we are showing that our faith is alive, and not just a lot of talk.

Dear Lord, thank You for showing me how much You really love me by doing something about it.  You sent Your Son to show me the way, and to redeem me.  I have been blessed to serve You and Your chosen people with some great and gifted people after Your heart.  I pray that You will keep my heart focused on You and Your people, so that my faith will be about action, and not just words.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment