Sunday, December 22, 2013

Make Some Room

Colossians 3:13 - Make allowance for each others faults, and forgive anyone who offends you.  Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

It is not our business to judge others for what they do or don't do, or what they believe or don't believe.  It's our job to show them Christ's love.  It is our job to forgive them when they do something to hurt us.  God forgave us, so what right do we have to not forgive others?

Just because someone likes different things than you doesn't make them less of a person.  It is just evidence of their uniqueness.  God created us that way - as unique individuals.  He loves variety.  Just because someone sins differently than you doesn't make them worse of a person than you.  It means they have different issues they need to deal with than you.  They still have to confess and repent of their sins like you do.  And when they do, they will be saved just like you are.  Make some room for differences.  Accepting someone doesn't mean you are approving of their behavior (read: sin).  It means you are loving them as Christ loves you (and them), and you are following Christ's command to love others as yourself.  Let God deal with the sin issue.  That's His job, not ours.

Am I accepting others as Christ accepted me?  I didn't seek Christ because I had changed.  I sought Him to be changed.  I have to be careful not to disapprove of someone because of the way they sin.  I need to make sure that I hate the sin, not the sinner.  I have been commanded to love the sinner they way Christ loved me.  And with God's wisdom and discernment, I will.

Dear Lord, thank You for putting this on my heart today.  I know I can allow myself to get mad at people when they sin against me.  I have to keep my heart focused on You and Your love and grace, so that I continue to love them and forgive them as You have done for me...repeatedly.  Please continue to work on my heart so that I can show everyone the love You have shown me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment