Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Staying Faithful

Jeremiah 3:19 - "I thought to Myself, I would love to treat you as My own children!  I wanted nothing more than to give you this beautiful land - the finest possession in the world.  I looked forward to your calling Me 'Father," and I wanted you never to turn from Me."

In this chapter of Jeremiah, Israel's idolatry is likened to adultery by God, and it is breaking His heart.  God wanted nothing more than His bride to stay faithful so that He could bless them beyond their wildest dreams.  He had already given them the best land, and He had more great things in store for them.

God loves us so much, that He gives the chance to return whenever we fall away.  In verses 14, He tells Israel (us) to return to Him, and He will bless us.  He will restore us to where we were.  Verse 15 says that He will give us shepherds after His own heart to guide us.  Not only does He offer us a chance to come back to Him, but He promises to give us faithful people to help guide us.  Our idolatry isn't specifically worshiping other gods, but anything that we put above God on the level of importance, is idolatry.  It is being adulterous to the One who has always saved us and welcomed us back into His arms with unfailing love and grace.

Am I an idolater?  Have I been cheating on my Abba?  I pray every day for God to keep me focused on Him.  I don't want anything to get in the way of my love and worship of the One who rescued me, and continues to do so all the time.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for offering me a way back.  I am blessed by the shepherds You have put in my life that have helped guide me back to You.  I am especially blessed by the greatest Shepherd of all, Jesus Christ.  Without His sacrifice and taking my sin and shame on His shoulders, I wouldn't have the opportunity to know You and have a relationship with You.  Thank You for everything Lord.  Help me to stay focused on You today and every day.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment