Tuesday, December 17, 2013

One Step At A Time

Luke 1:38 - Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant.  May everything you have said about me come true."  And then the angel left her.

Something I recently caught on to in this section about Mary's response, is that she didn't try to get ahead of everything.  She only asked the obvious question - How - since she was a virgin, but she didn't sit and argue with the angel about what was supposed to happen with Joseph, or any of the details of raising God's Son.

Thinking with an eternal perspective, and a strong faith in God, she trusted that He would always provide and show her the right path to take at all times.  Mary didn't argue about the details even though this was no ordinary pregnancy or baby.  That is how we all need to be.  There's nothing wrong with thinking long term, but doing it with an eternal perspective and taking things one step at a time, will keep us grounded in our faith and trust in God.

This is something I have to make sure I am working on.  I have a tendency to get ahead of myself and wonder, "What about this, what about that?!"  I have improved on this quite a bit, because I know that if I am staying faithful to God, and following the prompts He gives me, the decisions I make will always work out for the best for me.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me to stay strong and grounded in my faith and trust in Your will for my life.  I know that You only want the best for me, and I pray that I will always seek Your counsel for everything I do.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment