Sunday, December 15, 2013

Taking It To Him

2 Kings 19:14 - After Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it, he went up to the Lord's Temple and spread it out before the Lord.

Hezekiah had the right idea.  He was doing what God had instructed him to do, but he was having problems with Israel's enemies.  When he received the letter from them, he immediately took it to God.  He knew and trusted that God would handle the problem, but only after Hezekiah was obedient by taking it to Him.

Whenever I read this story of Hezekiah, I get a mental picture of him in the Temple pointing at the letter and saying, "What are You gonna do about this God?!"  God wants to help us.  He won't always "DO" for us, but He will always "PROVIDE" for us.  There's a difference.  He will always provide a solution, or a way out for us, but He leaves it up to us to do the right thing.  When we take our problems to Him first, that is the first step, but not the last one.

Am I taking my problems to God first, or do I try to figure them out myself?  I have improved on this a great deal, but I still have a lot of work to do.  Just because I may make the right choices (God's solutions), does not mean I have all the answers.  It just means that I know where to go to get them.  I have to remember that He will always provide the right path when I remember to seek His counsel first.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder to seek Your wisdom and counsel first.  I know I have a habit of thinking I have all the answers.  I will work to remember to bring my problems to You first, and be obedient in following the path you lay out for me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment