Saturday, December 21, 2013

Confident Trust

2 Chronicles 13:18 - So Judah defeated Israel on that occasion because they trusted in the Lord, the God of their ancestors.

As flawed as Abijah may have been, he confidently trusted in God's plan for His people.  He knew that was the only way.  He knew they were outnumbered by Israel's troops, but he knew he had God on his side, and because of that he could overcome any obstacle that was against God's will.

This is a good reminder that we don't have to be perfect to be blessed by God.  He doesn't ask or expect us to be.  We need to be surrendered to His will in obedience and trust in Him.  He will never lead us astray when we do these things.

Am I surrendered to God's will for me?  Do I have that confident trust in Him to bless me?  Yes I am and yes I do.  I lived a lot of my life not doing these things, and I paid the price for it.  It wasn't God punishing me, it was me punishing myself.  When I finally understood the need to be surrendered to God and started trusting Him, He has blessed me beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  I will forever trust His will for my life.

Dear Lord, thank You for the amazing blessings You give me every day.  I pray for the continued strength and wisdom to remain trusting in You and surrendered to Your will.  I am confident that if I do these things, You will continue to bless me, and I know that with the strength and wisdom You abundantly provide I can do these things.  I am Your servant.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment