Sunday, December 29, 2013

Choices

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

This is probably the most recognized and quoted passage in the entire Bible.  And it is just as important for what it does not say as much as what it does.

It's all about choices.  Choices for us as well as God.  We made a choice as to whether or not we believe this passage and everything else in the Bible.  We chose to accept Christ as our Savior and invite Him into our hearts and lives.  But God chose first!

As sin entered the world through a man (Adam), so it was also defeated by a man (Jesus) (Romans 5).  While it does mean that the only way for us to be redeemed to God was through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, it does not mean that God had to do it.  He chose to do it.  He chose us before we ever chose Him.  He could have easily just said, "Forget it, these people are long gone.  I'll just start over."  But He didn't do that.  He loves us too much to let us go without a fight.  As John said later in the book of 1 John, we love each other because He loved us first (1 John 4:19).  God showed us what unfailing love and forgiveness look like.  We should be trying to model that to everyone else.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that You chose me long before I was ever here.  You chose me because You love me.  You made the choice because of Your unfailing love and forgiveness.  Please give me the strength and wisdom to model that same love and forgiveness to everyone I encounter every day.  I can only do this by Your power and strength.  I can only love because You loved me first.  Thank You for loving me.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment