Monday, December 2, 2013

All The Answers

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

What do you mean I don't have all the answers?!  Isn't that what a lot of us ask ourselves?  I know I was really good about seeking the answers within myself.  I was never very much intro trusting other people's advice, because I always believed that their opinions about what I needed were less than fully informed.

But I never sought answers from the One who has them.  I trusted myself for far too long, and I paid a price for it.  When I finally started to trust God and His wisdom, I finally found what I was looking for.  That doesn't mean I have it all figured out.  Far from it.  That just means I know where to go when I need questions answered.

For the longest time, I resisted going back to school.  I felt that if I wanted to learn something, I could just get a few books on the particular subject and learn about it that way.  I finally found the one book that taught me the things I really needed to hear and learn - the Bible.  The Bible is a great source of information for all aspects of our lives.  God's wisdom is all over every page of that book.  One of the best things I ever did for myself was to open up His book and start reading.

How about now?  Do I still seek His wisdom through His word?  Yes I do...every day.  Prayer is also a key part of that.  Prayer is like asking a teacher questions in class.  When I'm in God's word and I don't really understand something, I pray for God to explain it to me.  He has been diligent in showing me what I have been looking for.  He has joyfully shared His wisdom with me.

Dear Lord, thank You for showing me that I needed to rely on Your understanding and not my own.  I trust You with all of my heart to show me the right way to go, and to teach me the things I need to live according to Your will and purpose for my life.  Please continue to give me the wisdom I need to serve, honor, and glorify You in everything I do every day.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment