Monday, April 1, 2013

Patient Endurance

Revelation 14:12 - This means that God's holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying His commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.

We are reminded that we must stay faithful to God no matter what may be brought upon us.  Our reward for our faithfulness will be nothing short of amazing, and our punishment for our rebellion will be nothing short of justified.

My grandmother used to tell me that I had the 'patience of Job'.  I would never argue with her, because she was usually right, but do I have the patient endurance to hold strong when I am tested and persecuted?  I'd like to think I will, but to be completely honest, I can't answer that question.  All I can do is pray for God to give me the strength and confidence to persevere and succeed.

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that You will continue to comfort, protect, and guide me like only You can.  I ask for the strength to endure, and the confidence to know that I will succeed, when I am put to the test, so that I may be able to bring You the honor and glory that You so richly deserve.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment