Saturday, April 20, 2013

Showing Mercy

Luke 10:37 - The man replied,"The one who showed him mercy."  Then Jesus said, "Yes, now go and do the same."

Great instructions from our Savior.  When the man asked Jesus who was our neighbor, Jesus used this parable to illustrate that we are all each other's neighbor.  Even the people who we would normally despise (as the Jews and Samaritans did), deserve our love and mercy.  Why?  Because Jesus said so.

I have always had a sympathetic heart for those who are less fortunate than me.  Does that make me special?  Not even close.  But have I always shown love and mercy to the ones that I don't get along with?  The answer plainly is no.  I have to do better about loving those who make it difficult to love them.  As Jesus said, if you only love those who love you, where is the reward in that?  Loving those who make it difficult to love them doesn't give us any earthly reward. Our reward is in Heaven.

Dear Lord, I ask You to work on my heart so that I may follow Your command to love ALL regardless.  I want to show others what it means to love like Jesus loves, so that Your name will be glorified even more.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment